Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A heartbeat in Time

A soft portrait on a broken mantelpiece. The story of a young girl with blazing diamond eyes of pure elation. She cries out with her arm outstretched, hoping for a savior. But with this messy life I live, I could never take your hand. Neither submerged nor floating in it, you manage to stand effortlessly on a river of fallacy and fragment. The scenery damp, moister in the air heavy. Yet you, frozen and tranquil, unscathed by the leaden rainfall. An ethereal aura devours your entire being like an impenetrable shroud of ecstasy. Behind you in the distance, sits a dirty, rotting seaside town. Its landfills and macabre fathered your edgy smile. It's the dead of night, my bones are frail and tepid, my hands damaged and limp. It's been many lifetimes since I’ve last seen you and those intoxicating sundrop eyes of pure adoration. But I still remember how your face would shake the walls of that old house. And gentile girl on canvas, doused with acrylics, I still remember how your arm outstretched to me. A brilliant grasp of sublime passion that planted a seed. Even in a heart like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment