Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'll be the one to fracture their fractus castles

With a plethora of defunct livejournals, I figure it's time for a change of pace. 2009 is breathing and emitting new policies and characters. Always wanted a blogspot. Now I have a reason for doing so.


Numb

I'm dreaming of stolen thoughts and passing moments in time
A photograph taken long ago in a sanctuary
Faded pigment and frayed corners
I could have shared my world with you
But you know I was afraid
I was always afraid to grow

A hapless boy in a sinking house wishes you well
He paints your face on his walls with his despondency and rue
In his eyes you've never looked more glamorous
He draws a line from his heart to yours

She still catches his lingering scent sometimes
That same old smell that engrossed itself into her fabrics
She sees his face in mosaics and flames from burning candle wicks
A facade of crooked tendencies and broken promises is all she's left with

I'll stay planted in the soil this time
My arms will branch and my feet will keep rooted
My hair will stretch like vines and entwine around all that it touches
My chest will explode with a beautiful array of gladiolas
You were right when you said I had growth inside me
It was just waiting to come out



1 comment: