Tuesday, January 20, 2009

You can't have everything...



Inside my head is where you live
I've tried all the suggested methods to remove you
How you lived though the mustard gas, anthrax, and carbon monoxide, I’ll never know

I find you sometimes
Running through the rooms in my head
You hide underneath spiral staircases and in between the walls of my bedroom
You lay beneath Persian rugs and silk armours
So many times have I tried to rid you
When you walk your feet become louder than 10,000 cicada in their fullest harmony
When you sleep your cold breath permeates into my heart
It becomes arctic and slows to a single thump
In the summer I can feel you in my bloodstream
You melt your way into my capillaries and breed sickness
In the winter you freeze my thoughts
and replace them with ice sculptures of you

Most days you lay docile and never knock on my walls
You sit as a gem and shine on for all to see
But on a day like this
You do nothing but pound at the walls
inside my head


No comments:

Post a Comment